Barbara H. Peterson
Well, it’s out in the open now, and sporting an “in your face” attitude. The NWO agenda to program our youth is no longer hiding behind closed doors and only talked about in whispers anymore. With disturbing candor, the 4-H website agriscience/biotechnology section states in no uncertain terms that its purpose is to program our youth:
“Purpose of the materials: to provide substantive science-based foundational knowledge of agriscience/biotechnology through the use of presentations, discussions and hands-on activities.
Facilitators will be able to gain a better understanding of agriscience/biotechnology, and will then be able to use the modules and facilitator guide to train other professionals and volunteers so that they will be equipped to facilitate youth programming.”
It’s not about giving our youth an advantage in life by fostering healthy ideas. It’s all about “youth programming.” Not teaching, not sharing, not learning. It’s not about encouraging kids to develop their full potential. Programming. Like a robot. Like a computer. Like your cellphone. This is the wave of the future for our upcoming generations. Programming.
And part of that programming consists of the acceptance and promotion of genetic engineering.
In a disturbing Power Point Presentation from the 4-H site, biotech mutations are touted as the culmination of breeding programs that have been going on for thousands of years, when in fact, genetic engineering is the exact opposite of natural. Genetic engineering creates, through gene cutting and splicing in a lab using bacteria and viruses, a whole new species of plant that would never occur in nature. A fish simply does not breed with a tomato, and genetic engineering is not the same as fermentation!
Genetic engineering is placed in a history line of biotech manipulation and equated to fermentation, and bread and cheesemaking. It is promoted as “just another way” to breed plants.
In fact, the entire 4-H section on agriscience reads like a script straight out of a Monsanto playbook.
Every single one of the GMO myths from the following Earth Open Source list is presented as truth to 4-H youths:
GMO Myths and Truths
Genetically modified (GM) crops are promoted on the basis of a range of far-reaching claims from the GM crop industry and its supporters. They say that GM crops:
- Are an extension of natural breeding and do not pose different risks from naturally bred crops
- Are safe to eat and can be more nutritious than naturally bred crops
- Are strictly regulated for safety
- Increase crop yields
- Reduce pesticide use
- Benefit farmers and make their lives easier
- Bring economic benefits
- Benefit the environment
- Can help solve problems caused by climate change
- Reduce energy use
- Will help feed the world.
However, a large and growing body of scientific and other authoritative evidence shows that these claims are not true. On the contrary, evidence presented in this report indicates that GM crops:
- Are laboratory-made, using technology that is totally different from natural breeding methods, and pose different risks from non-GM crops
- Can be toxic, allergenic or less nutritious than their natural counterparts
- Are not adequately regulated to ensure safety
- Do not increase yield potential
- Do not reduce pesticide use but increase it
- Create serious problems for farmers, including herbicide-tolerant “superweeds”, compromised soil quality, and increased disease susceptibility in crops
- Have mixed economic effects
- Harm soil quality, disrupt ecosystems, and reduce biodiversity
- Do not offer effective solutions to climate change
- Are as energy-hungry as any other chemically-farmed crops
- Cannot solve the problem of world hunger but distract from its real causes – poverty, lack of access to food and, increasingly, lack of access to land to grow it on.
Based on the evidence presented in this report, there is no need to take risks with GM crops when effective, readily available, and sustainable solutions to the problems that GM technology is claimed to address already exist. Conventional plant breeding, in some cases helped by safe modern technologies like gene mapping and marker assisted selection, continues to outperform GM in producing high-yield, drought-tolerant, and pest- and disease-resistant crops that can meet our present and future food needs.
Download a PDF of the full GMO Myths and Truths report
If you do not want your children “programmed” by the likes of Monsanto et al, get them out of 4-H now. This organization is not safe as it promotes the lies and distortions of the biggest corporate criminals on the planet, and they will be taught to poison the land and its inhabitants for fun and profit all in the name of “benefiting the environment” and “feeding a hungry world.” This madness must end.
©2014 Barbara H. Peterson